Requirements - FAQ
Do I need a college degree to run Hytek equipment?No. You do not need to know computer coding, or anything like that to run our machines. We offer easy to learn software, the machine is Hytek so you don't have to be!
Where I should put a CNC router in my shop?Things to consider when choosing a location for you CNC router.
- Machine size plus control cabinet and dust collector
- It is nice to have access to all sides of your machine, but not a requirement.
- Near power source
- Material size/length
- How/where you will be loading the material onto your machine. You will want to load onto the front or a side.
- Floor should be solid and fairly level
- Area should be well lit. You could add LED lights ($12 on ebay) to the underside of the gantry to add more lighting.
How much space is needed for a CNC router (footprint) ?Typically our CNC routers are about 36 inches wider and 1.5 feet longer than the table bed size. So the 5’x10’ table would have a footprint of about 7.66’x11.5’. You do not need all sides of your machine accessible, but keep in mind that you need space for operating and loading material. There is a lot to consider when choosing the placement of you CNC router. The weight is roughly 4000 lbs +/- depending on which model.
Do all sides need to be accessible to run a CNC machine?
No. You will want space for you to operate your machine at the front of the machine and you will also need space to load material on and off of your table. We recommend having access to the front of the machine and along at least one of the axis sides.