Requirements - FAQ
Do I need a college degree to run Hytek equipment?
Where I should put a CNC router in my shop?
- Machine size plus control cabinet and dust collector
- It is nice to have access to all sides of your machine, but not a requirement.
- Near power source
- Material size/length
- How/where you will be loading the material onto your machine. You will want to load onto the front or a side.
- Floor should be solid and fairly level
- Area should be well lit. You could add LED lights ($12 on ebay) to the underside of the gantry to add more lighting.
How much space is needed for a CNC router (footprint) ?
Do all sides need to be accessible to run a CNC machine?
No. You will want space for you to operate your machine at the front of the machine and you will also need space to load material on and off of your table. We recommend having access to the front of the machine and along at least one of the axis sides.